On March 6th, 2020 the Hancock Resource Center was announced as Lazy Magnolia Brewery's Charity Partner for 2020! We are honored to have been selected and look forward to an amazing year of connection and community 💛 We always love to share our history and current mission, and the Lazy Magnolia Brewery has a pretty incredible story of their own! Below is the official announcement:
Lazy Magnolia Brewery Partners with Hancock Resource Center as Charity Partner for 2020
(Kiln, MS, February 2020)
Lazy Magnolia Brewery has selected Hancock Resource Center as our nonprofit partner for 2020. We are proud to support this organization which greatly impacts our local community and works to stabilize families and strengthen the community.
“Through the 12-month term of our partnership, we hope to make a significant impact towards Hancock County Resource Center’s mission through joint fundraising efforts, public awareness, and community service,” says Anna Claire of Lazy Magnolia.
From the beginning of the Hancock Housing One-Stop, as HRC was originally called when it was founded in 2008, to the multi-program Community Development Corporation that exists today, HRC has built the capacity to provide services in three areas: construction and rehab, case management and supportive services and community development.
Rhonda Rhodes, President of HRC, said, “The Resource Center has been working diligently since 2008 to help families that are struggling and develop young people that are healthy and happy. Lazy Magnolia has been a tremendous supporter of the community and we are excited and proud to be selected as the Charity Partner for 2020.”
Please join us on Friday, March 6th, 2020 from 5:00 PM-10:00 PM at Lazy Magnolia Brewery’s First Friday Event to officially announce Hancock County Resource Center as our Charity Partner for 2020. We will have live music by the BSL Trio from 5:00-7:00 PM and BackRoots Band from 7:00-10:00 PM. It is $15 at the door which includes three craft beers and a souvenir pint glass. Food will be available for purchase. Proceeds benefit the Hancock Resource Center.
As Lazy Magnolia’s 2020 Charity Partner, Hancock County Resource Center will receive the following:
1. Proceeds from every First Friday event which features: live music, craft pizza, craft beer and is family friendly.
2. A dedicated Hancock County Resource Center Tap handle and Pizza selection of the charity’s choice. A portion of each beer from this tap handle and pizza sell of the charity’s selected pie will be donated to the organization.
3. Co-hosted beer dinner/fundraiser event. Lazy Magnolia will help plan and execute a fundraiser beer dinner and will donate beer to the event.
4. Beer donations for one (1) of Hancock Resource Center’s own charity fundraising events or celebrations.
5. Social media promotion and PR throughout the term of our partnership.
Each year Lazy Magnolia Brewery will select a Mississippi-based nonprofit partner to be the recipient of our charitable giving for the year. Please check back on our website in January of 2020 to apply to be our 2021 partner. We applaud the amazing work our local nonprofits do in our Mississippi communities and the support they provide for our fellow Mississippians.