HRC is seeking applicants
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 23, 2018
Rhonda Rhodes, President
Hancock Resource Center is seeking applicants for two positions.
Employment Counselor for the Homeless Veterans' Reintegration Program (HVRP)
The Counselor will be responsible for case management with the addition of employment counseling. Employment counseling means assessing education, skills and experience related to employment, as well as barriers (which may include PTSD, partial disability, substance abuse, criminal background) and developing an Individual Employment Plan, working intensively with the Veteran to achieve the plan and following up. Extensive documentation and reporting requirements. Full time position, may require some travel (annually). Degree in business, education, nursing, social work or related field preferred, but equivalent experience will be considered if resume clearly demonstrates. Requires housing counselor certification within 6-12 months. Pay scale begins at $15 an hour for uncertified trainees, $16 an hour for certified counselors and will be set according to experience. VETERAN PREFERRED
As a general statement, case management means assessment of needs, planning activities and strategies to meet needs, implementing that plan through regular contact with the client and evaluating the effectiveness of the plan with the intent of making necessary changes. It includes knowledge of and linkage to community resources. All counselor positions must achieve and maintain certification.
Apply by submitting resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person. Applicants that do not meet the minimum requirements will not be contacted.
Veteran Workforce Development Coordinator
Under general supervision, performs a variety of oversight functions related to the training and job placement of at-risk and homeless Veterans in the lower six counties of Mississippi; implements training and job placement services to designated veterans; performs assigned duties; and performs other related work as required.
• oversees the operation of the Veteran training and job placement program
• organizes the Veteran training and job placement services for veterans
• initiates and maintains contact with prospective employers and agencies
• presents career information and related subject matter to veterans
• guides veterans in their preparation to seek employment
• provide information and make presentations to civic and other interested groups
• develops and maintains needed procedures, forms, and operational records
• maintains permanent records of veterans and related data
• follows up employed veterans and those involved in advanced training programs
• assists in the placement of veterans in other educational or training institutions
• schedules veteran meetings, appointments, and interviews related to program
• prepares informational bulletins and other types of publications
• supports the other staff as needed
• performs a variety of clerical tasks, such as data entry, filing and related duties
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
Experience: Two years counseling, case management, monitoring, or related experience required involving training and job placement or other training/staff development.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in career counseling, education, guidance counseling, Human Services or a related field, or year for year experience in federal youth programs may be considered. Apply by submitting resume to email@example.com or in person. Applicants that do not meet the minimum requirements will not be contacted.
Pay for this job begins at $15 an hour.
Hancock Resource Center
Our Mission: Hancock Resource Center (HRC) works to stabilize families and strengthen the community by addressing obstacles and barriers to housing.
HRC is a community-based, HUD-approved, nonprofit counseling agency that provides services and assistance to Hancock County, Mississippi, residents in three key areas: Home Rehab and Repair; Community Development; and Housing Counseling.
Name: Amy Marquar
Phone: (228) 463-8887
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Comments are closed.