FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 6, 2019
Rhonda Rhodes, President
Hancock Resource Center is seeking applicants for two positions
Veteran Workforce Development Coordinator
Under general supervision, performs a variety of oversight functions related to the training and job placement of at-risk and homeless Veterans in the lower six counties of Mississippi; implements training and job placement services to designated veterans; performs assigned duties; and performs other related work as required.
• oversees the operation of the Veteran training and job placement program
• organizes the Veteran training and job placement services for veterans
• initiates and maintains contact with prospective employers and agencies
• presents career information and related subject matter to veterans
• guides veterans in their preparation to seek employment
• provide information and make presentations to civic and other interested groups
• develops and maintains needed procedures, forms, and operational records
• maintains permanent records of veterans and related data
• follows up employed veterans and those involved in advanced training programs
• assists in the placement of veterans in other educational or training institutions
• schedules veteran meetings, appointments, and interviews related to program
• prepares informational bulletins and other types of publications
• supports the other staff as needed
• performs a variety of clerical tasks, such as data entry, filing and related duties
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
Experience: Two years counseling, case management, monitoring, or related experience required involving training and job placement or other training/staff development.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in career counseling, education, guidance counseling, Human Services or a related field, or year for year experience in federal youth programs may be considered. Apply by submitting resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person. Applicants that do not meet the minimum requirements will not be contacted.
Pay for this job begins at $15 an hour.
Hancock Resource Center
Our Mission: Hancock Resource Center (HRC) works to stabilize families and strengthen the community by addressing obstacles and barriers to housing.
HRC is a community-based, HUD-approved, nonprofit counseling agency that provides services and assistance to Hancock County, Mississippi, residents in three key areas: Home Rehab and Repair; Community Development; and Housing Counseling.
Family Trauma Counselor
Provides counseling and emotional support to crime victims and their families: helps victims process feelings about their cases; helps victims/witnesses manage anxiety related to testifying in court; and facilitates or co-facilitates support groups.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
At least one year of experience in case management or counseling, preferred experience working with victims of crime and trauma. 2. Competency in in computer technology including, but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Office, web-based applications and email. 3. Effective team and communication skills, attention to detail and organizational, and time management skills. 4. Excellent written and oral communication skills. 5. Demonstrated ability to problem-solve; multi-task; be flexible, follow up. 6. Licensed Clinical Social Worker or Counselor in Mississippi 7. Valid driver’s license and auto insurance. 8. Background check (state and federal) and subject to drug testing. 10. Preferred experience working with families in crisis, family violence advocacy and prevention.
Name: Amy Marquar
Phone: (228) 463-8887
Email address: email@example.com